Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Campfire Talk :The off season

I am officially in spring cleaning and preparation mode . I have made it thru the school year and am ready to get focused on getting my lease ready for the upcoming hunting seasons. It never fails that this time of year when I have more spare time on my hands , I obsess about my huntng grounds. I have serviced and modified my polaris ranger , cleaned it thoroughly , cleaned and prepared my stealth cams , put at least 100 arrows a week thru my Diamond razor edge , and spent many hours analyzing what i need to scout/hunt via google maps. What I would like to know is what rituals do you guys go thru in the off season? I am curious to see if all hunters are as obsessed with hunting as I am. Do you feed mineral? do you spend time scouting in the offseason? Am I wasting valuable back yard barbecue and shiner bock time to be in that mesquite covered red dirt hole?..Basicly feedback and discussion is what I am looking for. If you aren't able to follow this blog because you haven't got a google membership or cant figure it out , get a clue..find a way , overcome those obstacles that separate you from the enlightenment provided in these hallowed texts created by over worked , under payed and hunt deprived texas educators...discuss..someone throw me a bone or throw gas on the fire..JW , Caprocker , Olinecoacher , jackass , fat boy , coash

1 comment:

  1. Yes sir, I am as obsessive as you are. I probably spend as much time piddling with my equipment as I actually do hunting. But to me, that is almost as fun!! Good huntin

    ReplyDelete